QuitCounter

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day 9

While having lunch, a colleague was borrowing a lighter from me. With apologies, I said I quit smoking already. He looked at the boyfriend beside me, even shook his hand. He congratulated the boyfriend and said that he knew how stubborn I am to quit a vice as this. The colleague said, he must have done a great deal to make me quit.

In the late afternoon, I went for a quick breather because my back was already too painful from sitting in front of the computer. Smoking colleagues were chatting. The gardener saw me and asked if I've really stopped smoking. Maybe he haven't seen me for quite a while already. He laughed while he said in broken english, "It's your boyfriend ah!"

Maybe partly yes, he is.

But this is me. It was my decision. It was my own awakening to have come into this decision. And while he plays a big part of this quitting, I am doing this not for him, but for myself and the beautiful future that is ahead of me.

I guess, this kind of argument with people around me will be endless.

PS:
Coughing the whole night. Throat seems to get dry everyday.




No comments:

Post a Comment