QuitCounter

Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 3

By the time I woke up in the morning, the boyfriend was already out of sight. He sneaked out for his early morning jog while I was sleeping.

I was quite pissed waking up (I never liked leaving without permissions) so there was a reason there to light up one stick. But there wasn't any in the house, so I was able to control the urge.

When he came back, I was already at the kitchen preparing food to bring to office and for his big breakfast. I prepared for him garlic fried rice, sunny side-up eggs, and chicken sausages.

The usual office tea breaks are the most challenging, most especially when colleagues offer a stick so that there'd be somebody to accompany them.

"No, thanks, I stopped smoking already."

I've kept on saying this, and sometimes, people are just so unsupportive. They tell me things like, "Good luck to you," or "You'll surely come back once you start to get stressed," or "It's just a stick. Start quitting tomorrow instead."

In the late afternoon, I reached home early, while the boyfriend has yet to come home from an afternoon client meeting. The housemate opened a can of Heineken. He offered me, telling me the boyfriend might come home a little later, we could still drink a few cans.

This is the first time I drink without having a smoke. It was quite difficult, I am not so sure if I could get used to it. I finished the can and I started packing for a long weekend at the boyfriend's home.

Today was challenging. But I am surely not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment