QuitCounter

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day 2

I had a terrible night trying to sleep. I slept, but somehow, it's not the kind of sleep that I needed to carry through the day.

I am on my second day of quitting, and I am feeling a lot of unexplainable things. The boyfriend surprisingly woke up early for his first jog in the longest time. I got up early too (as usual), prepared food to bring to work. While he was out for his morning jog, I prepared his breakfast of ham and vegetable toasts with eggs omelette.

He came back home and devoured his breakfast while I cook and prepare food for later. I was having my usual coffee, sans the nicotine part. I usually sit on the stool chair beside the kitchen window while I sip my coffee and smoke. That was I guess the worst habit to break. Good thing, the boyfriend was at the dining table to accompany and chat with me while I cook and drink my coffee at the same time.

Another worst part of quitting is that, now, I am having a hard time to poop. I guess I have been too dependent on smoking that this part of the routine has gone out of schedule. It took me quite a long while inside the toilet when all my life I've never had this kind of problem.

Colleagues at work kept on smoking on tea breaks. I like pushing myself to the limit. So while I sat at the smoking area sipping my coffee, I stare at colleagues while they puff, and I kept on assessing myself if there is any form or jealousy, or even the uncontrollable longing of grabbing one cigarette and starting to light them. Surprisingly, there wasn't any (even the slightest tinge of those feelings).

I'm starting to feel proud of myself. But it's a long way to go. It's only day two.

No comments:

Post a Comment